Teaching writers' workshop is the best thing I do all day. It is powerful to help young children to become writers. Great books, intentional instruction, high expectations, and wide open spaces. Think Katie Wood Ray. Think Ralph Fletcher. It all comes together here.

Same philosophies extend to instructional coaching. It's about clarity of intention, reflection, and ownership. Working side by side. Building communities of learners (of all ages).



Sunday, July 8, 2018

New Blog!


I began this blog several years ago, when my focus was quite a bit different from what it is today. It also feels a bit outdated in terms of how it looks and functions, so I decided to start fresh on a new platform. Please visit amyellerman.blog to check out my new site: Running to School.

The focus of my new blog is innovating professional learning for educators. I'm excited to build a space to grow my own thinking and to collaborate with others who are equally passionate about creating conditions in our schools that inspire and support learners of all ages.

No comments:

Post a Comment